Jan 2, 2011

And you told me to..

“Dream” you said, “Dream and everything will be ok.”

“But the odds are against me, I cant over come them,” I said. “No, the odds are just stepping stones, you have to go on,” you replied.

For a moment I could breath again, and you smiled and told me, “It will be ok.” And I dreamed and dreamed and dreamed. Days passed, weeks, and then years, but nothing changed. I became a haunted house of dreams and despair. You were gone, and there was no one else I could trust. Your words lingered in the air around me like specters from the netherworld.

At times I thought of giving up all hope; and sometimes I questioned whether I would ever succeed or not. “Maybe my dreams are not destined to see the light. Maybe I will never see them come to life.”

But, again and again, your words would flash over my mind and I’d remember you smiling at me, and telling me to, “Dream.”

And I Dreamed.

No comments: