Jan 16, 2011

What if?

One night I was standing by the beach, gazing at the endless deep blue horizon. The salt scented wind softly caressing my cheeks and lashes, while the blown away grains of sands were tingling my toes.

I thought to myself as I was shifting my gaze to the other blue expanse, “What a wonderful world?“ The night sky dotted with brilliant silver sparkles, turning the sky into a masquerade of light and joy.

As for the tumbling waves, they are and will always be a whole other story. The strength they could inspire if only people observed them a little bit more. How can a thing be so persistent and persevering?

Waves grow, and grow, and finally they crash; however they manage to leap up again with the same vigor, if not more!

I wondered what would happen to the world, if each person managed to be inspired by one speck of beauty in this place called Planet Earth! I’m pretty sure life would have been drastically different than it is now.

What if we peel of the residues that has accumulated over our hearts, and blinded us to the beauty that lies within our grasp?

What if every human being listened to the whispers of the wind?

What if every human being breathed in the aroma of life?

What if every human being looked with his heart of hearts rather than his eyes?

Wouldn’t life have much more meaning to it?

No comments: